Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Flatulence.. it happens..

17 years ago, I was about 4 months pregnant with my beautiful daughter T..
I ran into Walgreens for a birthday card to give a friend. I had been so sick, and it was great to finally feel like doing something. My belly wasn't showing yet because I'd been so sick, most people couldn't tell. Ok-back to my story..

So here I am at the Walgreens and feeling good- you know what I'm talking about ladies-the good feeling when you're finally getting over that first trimester uneasiness... Finally-feeling-like-putting-on-makeup-and-doing-your-hair-because-you-want-to-GOOD!

The guy in the checkout lane behind me was really nice-looking (hey-ladies-we still have eyes-we can look!) and anyway.. He's checking me out! I'm cool, I'm calm, I'm collected, I'm paying for the birthday card, then, as I'm walking out....

I'm no longer cool... Do you know why?? Why I wanted to run back home, wash my face and my hair of any trace that I'd done anything so maybe-I could forget my total embarrassment????

As I was walking away from the register, a very loud-"bwwarrrrrpppppp" somehow came from me-it was a shock-a sudden act of terror from my body to my ego.. So as I continued walking away as if nothing had just exploded from me- as soon as I took a step outside- I heard peels of laughter..

Alright, alright, it was funny.. A lot funnier now, 17 years later, when I can look back and laugh wholeheartedly at my little..ummm..bodily indiscretion.

Big hugs to my followers~
melissa

4 comments:

  1. LOLOL! That's hilarious! I would have died too. I'm so glad you shared this! You ought to join up with our Finish The Sentence Friday. Different sentence every week. This week's sentence: "I am very passionate about..."

    I think it's funny that you know me well enough from Twitter/blogging to know that I would appreciate this. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog and had a feeling you'd enjoy this one-so glad that you did! I'll definitely check the Finish The Sentence thing out-sounds very cool!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to know who wrote this though!

      Delete