Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top 5 List.. Pet Peeves Anyone?

Much needed ranting is ahead, beware..   

Everyone has pet peeves.. EVERYONE does. Here are mine.  Feel free to comment and share your own!

5.   Just flip the switch- Seriously people, turn off the light when you leave a room.

4.  Secrets- Don't whisper and talk around people in a way that makes someone else feel left out.
 
3.  The bum bum bum that comes from the bass in a car stereo blaring late at night outside your house.. and you live in a subdivision.. Common sense-not so common.

2.  Parents not forcing their children to accept responsibility for their own actions and decisions- Can I get a HALLELUJAH?  Parents are actually doing their children a disservice by not allowing their children to learn that sometimes it is (OMG HOLD YOUR BREATH) their own responsibility for their failures and accomplishments-not the responsibility of the teachers, coaches, parents, etc.. 

1.  Pity parties on Facebook- Pick up a phone book, look up a therapist and CALL ONE!  Posting a "Woe is me" status or picture ever 15 minutes actually encourages others to avoid you instead of helping you.


Sorry for the negativity, I really needed to vent a bit.  Thanks for letting me...

Big hugs to my followers~
melissa

P.S. Good News to share! I need to congratulate my girl T for getting the role of Chava in her high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof! She worked her A$$ off and deserves it!

7 comments:

  1. I have to say this is an awesome blog, looking forward to following along...please follow mine if you would like...http://nevercryoverspilledmilk.wordpress.com/

    Kellylynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will try to figure out how to post links to blogs on mine soon!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I am right there with you on 1 & 2. I will unfriend someone on FB faster than a hummingbird's wings flap when they start that woe is me stuff. And as for kids and being accountable for themselves it is unbelievable. What do these parents think? Do they they their children will magically become responsible for their own actions the moment they move out...ummm no! Thanks for venting and my husband thanks you for writing this so that I could vent to him about the next generation LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I'm so glad you could appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  3. Number 3 is a constant battle around here. Thumping my head on the pc just thinking about. On a side note, congrats to your daughter on the play. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it just me or does it make you feel old too when it bothers you? I'm all like "I'm a cool Mom", but come 10 o'clock and when I'm in bed and hearing that noise, I feel like the old mean lady down the street! LOL -Thanks for the congrats, I'm sure there will be posts about it. So incredibly proud of her-she deserved it!

      Delete
  4. I found your blog!! :)
    She is going to make a great Chava! Now if she can just help my baby dance... ;) But if she does not turn off her bedroom light, I don't know if she will be able to... :)

    ReplyDelete